Saturday, June 11, 2011

SM artists talk about the Hallyu wave at “SM Town Live in Paris” press conference

On June 10th, the idols of SM Entertainment held a press conference right after their “SM Town Live in Paris” concert and expressed their thoughts on completing their first European concert.

Super Junior’s Leeteuk began, “It feels like just yesterday that I was listening to Jordy Lemoine and feeling entranced by his music, but now here I am exporting our own culture. I hope to write an amazing piece of history.”

TVXQ’s Yunho continued, “After seeing everyone shout ‘SM Town’, I realized that this was the flare of K-Pop culture. I’m glad that we’re able to kick it off to a great start. It still makes my heart beat.”

SNSD’s Sooyoung added, “I almost cried when I saw that fans had written ‘Thank you’ on the Korean flag. I was surprised to see them singing along to our songs, but what surprised me the most was that they even knew the cheer chants used by our Korean fans.”

f(x)’s Victoria said, “I was so proud to see everyone in the audience waving their own country’s flag.”

When asked why he thought K-Pop was so popular, Leeteuk replied, “SM has always worked to globalize our music, such as working with foreign choreographers and whatnot. I think we’re also loved for our physical and visual aspects as well. There’s a saying in Korea that the start is just half of the work, so I’m anticipating the future of Hallyu. If France wants me, I’m even willing to move here.”

Source + Photos: Money Today via Naver

No comments: